Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Owning Multiple Versions of a Book

I was recently inspired to write about this, when I opened up my owl crate box to find, The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee, as the book of the month. As you may know, I posted a full review of The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue a few days ago, so I obviously have already read it. I actually own the ebook version. I had to take a second to think to myself, how do I feel about owning multiple versions of books? I own all of the Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare, in both ebook, and paperback versions. Back in November, I received Heartless by Marissa Meyer in my owl crate box, which I had already pre-ordered on my ereader. I have to say, I really like having multiple versions! With Heartless, and The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue, I have owl crate exclusive covers, that are both beautiful (as you can see by the pictures below). With books, there is more than just reading them. Owning these books is kind of like having a collection, except the things you collect, have a really great use that never goes bad. Having multiple versions of an item is not at all uncommon in a collection, and having exclusive version of something makes it much more valuable (Not that I would ever sell my books!) Also, as a bookstagrammer, having multiple copies of a book makes it really easy to do giveaways. You still get to keep a book, but you also gain followers, and you know your book goes to a booklover, and will get good use! I think that many people would say owning multiple copies is a waste of money, but I think the pros out weigh the cons. That's all I have to say on the matter, what do you think? Comment your feelings on owning multiple versions of a book, and what books you own multiple copies of. Happy reading! -Becca  



No comments:

Post a Comment