Thursday, August 17, 2017

Why Time Flies

They say time flies when you are having fun
And it crawls when you wish it would sprint
Time and I are friends you see
But it has never been good to me
Leaves me behind while it soars
My knees still pressed against the ground

Just three weeks left
Feels like more
But summer has to end some day
Summer and I have a love hate affair
Work to be done
Time to be wasted

I can't deny the sounds
The creaks and the shakes
Can't blame the elements of winter
The rain, the heaters, footsteps in night
Makes me know I'm not alone
Pull the covers over my eyes

But I am alone
At least for two more days
Or three more weeks
Until I see them every day
I see him every day
Beautiful torture

Time and summer have ganged up on me
Left me with boring forced words to write
And wonderful stories itching in my mind
Forced me into a schedule
Forced me into society and responsibility
Leaving lazy days behind for months  

No comments:

Post a Comment