Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Reading Withdrawal

I have now learned that if you start off by reading two books a day and then cut yourself off and read zero books for multiple days, you will start to go insane. I have come to the conclusion that reading is an addictive substance! We have had friends over and I have not had the chance to read, which is giving me serious withdrawal. A Man Called Ove is sitting in my room and I found myself slowly inching towards it. Eventually I was just holding the book in my lap and talking to people, which meant I got some interesting looks! I am even missing my required summer reading that I have skipped a couple of days of and now have to read and take notes on 10 chapters. I am not looking forward to that. What really sucks is that school now starts in less than a month and I will not have much time to read. Maybe I should just marathon a bunch of books before school starts to try and get it out of my system. Don't worry, I am just kidding, I could never getting tired of reading! I have sadly burned through all of my cute new young adult romance novels. Maybe I will get a new one in my owlcrate box (If you owlcrate people are reading please give me more! I loved The Upside of Unrequited and P.S. I Like You) Basically, reading withdrawal is a very serious condition and might affect you or a loved one. If you have symptoms of restlessness; dreaming about Will Heronadale or any other book boyfriend, staring at your book for long periods of time, staring at your bookshelf for long periods of time, reading fanfiction on your phone and trying to hide it as you are supposed to be interacting with people, obsessively blogging or reading other blogs while you are supposed to be interacting with people, reaching out towards books like your long lost love as you pass by a bookstore, or trying to explain the complicated plotline of a major fandom to your cat, then you may be in serious trouble. Do not fear, the solution is simple. Just shirk all other obligations in life and pick up your book. If anyone judges you, just calmly explain that this is necessary for your survival. If symptoms persist even after reading, then you may be in danger of a reading slump. And to cure that, well you are just going to have to wait until next week! -Becca      

No comments:

Post a Comment