Friday, August 11, 2017

Try Not to Eat the Whole Batch By Myself Chocolate Chip Cookies!

I love chocolate chip cookies. I mean so do most people, but I really love them. Actually I really want some right now, but its 80 degrees outside, so it's too hot to bake. Also I am sick so no cookies for me. But there is nothing holding the rest of you back from eating some cookies! This recipe is originally the Tollhouse cookie recipe with my minor adjustments as well as my notes to make it dairy free! This recipe makes about 5 dozen cookies.

Ingredients


  • 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp.  kosher salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter; margarine (can't believe it's not butter), vegan butter (This is what I use due to my allergy, my favorite is earth balance, its really good!), or coconut oil (This will effect the texture and taste so I wouldn't recommend it, but it still will work)
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 packed brown sugar
  • 1 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract 
  • 1/8 tsp. cinnamon (This is optional)
  • 2 large eggs (fresh ones are the best, If you have your own chickens then these turn out so well!!!)
  • 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, or semi-sweet dairy free chocolate chips (I use chocolate dream cause its the best!)

Directions

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
  • Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl
  • Using an electric mixer (Or by hand if you need a good work out!) beat butter, sugar, and vanilla extract until creamy.
  •  Add in eggs one at a time.
  •  Gradually spoon in flour mixture. 
  • Stir in chocolate chips. 
  • Cover a baking sheet in parchment paper and and drop rounded tablespoons of the mixture onto it. 
  • Bake 11-20 minutes (It depends on your oven mine takes more on the 20 minute side).
  •  Cool on a wire rack (Or a plate if your sister used all your racks for soap making)
  • let cool or eat while hot and enjoy!

Recommended Reading To Pair With Meal

These cookies pair perfectly with P.S. I Like You by Kasie West. The warm, gooey cookies work really well with this heartwarming romance. I would recommend this book on a cold winter day with some hot chocolate, or a hot summer day a the beach. This book is in the vain of a Stephanie Perkins or a Morgan Matson book.
  
P.S. I Like YouP.S. I Like You by Kasie West
My rating: ❤❤❤❤❤

P.S. I like you by Kasie West will make you smile, while warming your heart. Lily lives a crazy life with her insane family and lovable best friend. One boring day in chemistry Lily jots down a song lyric and to her surprise the next day the song is continued, along with a note. Soon Lily and her pen pall are writing everyday; sharing stories, songs, and secrets. Between her pen pall; her crush Lucas finally taking notice of her, and her best friend's ex-boyfriend Cade seeming to be all over her life, Lily's life seems to be blowing up. As her feelings start to grow for her pen pall, Lily must decide what she wants. This book is so cute and adorable that you just want to pinch its cheeks. While the writing is not complicated and the characters are not especially deep, it is exactly what I wanted. The story is comforting and like wearing an old, loved sweater. Lily is a very relatable character to young adults and I loved how sweet she was. The story was kind of predictable, but with this kind of book, this is kind of expected. I loved this book and it was a perfect read for the mood I was in. If you are looking for an intellectual read, this isn't it, but if you want a cute comfort read or just have something for a lazy day, pick up this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment