Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Weekly Reading Update

Finished Reading 

I loved Devil's Daughter by Lisa Kleypas. I think it might be one of my favorites of hers. West is definitely one of her best male characters. Phoebe definitely grew on me and I loved having a book from the perspective of a mother. I also loved the ending so much! I will definitely be writing a spoiler free review for this book! 

I have officially found my least favorite Lisa Kleypas book. Again the Magic was not very sweet and honestly the characters were extremely shallow. The fact that there were two romances happening at once did not give enough room for development for any of them. Aline I thought was the most interesting character, but it did not make up for the 360 degree change in McKenna. I loved young McKenna who was sweet and I also loved his moments of vulnerability, but other than that I found him annoying and honestly mean. When I compare him to that of West as I had just finished reading Devil's Daughter, I realized he was just lacking depth. This book honestly is not necessary to any of the series so I wouldn't recommend it when Lisa Kleypas has so many other amazing books to read. 

I finally finished The Awakening by Kate Chopin and I hated the ending just as much as I hated the rest of the book. I respected the symbolism, but my loathing for just about every character, especially Edna, made getting through the story a horrible journey. I did however realize that one of my favorite short stories, The Story of An Hour, is by Kate Chopin. So I guess I don't hate her writing that much, I must just really dislike her characters!

Currently Reading 

I still have not finished Obsidian by Jennifer L Armentrout as I am listening to the audiobook and have about a half an hour left. I totally forgot what the ending is so I am very excited to finish it and continue rereading the rest of the series.  

I am about 3/4ths of the way through Mine Till Midnight by Lisa Kleypas and it might rival Devil's Daughter as one of my favorites! I love Cam and Amelia and how hilarious her writing is in this book! The romance in this book is so fantastic and I love how original all of the characters are. I am really excited to read the entire series and I find myself relating to Amelia so much!

In my Theory of Knowledge Class we are watching The Hunger Games to learn about ethics. It is really just a way to keep us entertained, but I happen to love the movies and rewatching them had  me itching to reread the books! So after school on Monday I spent the afternoon binging The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I totally forgot how simplistic the writing style is and it is kind of refreshing especially compared to the dense, imagery based books I read in school. I am definitely going to reread the whole series (and probably some fanfiction too!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment