Saturday, August 19, 2017

Bookish items


Lately bookish items have been on my mind. My sister asked me why on earth I wanted all these book related things such as t-shirts; Funko pops, jewelry, pins, artwork. The majority of them are useless aside from t-shirts and jewelry. Last thing I need is another mug or bedspread, but that isn't stopping me from desperately wanting them with them quote "Ignite my love, Ignite" (From the Shatter Me series, I love Warner!) I have no idea why I want these awesome items that don't do much, but I really really do! I have a whole collection of Funko pops that are so totally adorable! I also get so many cool bookish items from my owlcrate box that I don't need, but are really fun! I find it kind of funny that we crave these totally worthless things because they are cute or cool. For example I spent a bunch of money on my shadowhunters taro cards. I have never used them for anything other than put them in the case on my bookshelf, yet I have no regret in buying them. Of course in order to not go broke I am not allowing myself to buy anymore bookish items outside my owlcrate box. I have been contemplating making my own bookish items. It isn't very hard to use sharpie on a mug or fabric markers on a t-shirt. I already make my own jewelry so it wouldn't be hard to expand. There is some sort of extreme satisfaction in buying these things. Maybe I just have a shopping addiction, who knows. I just need to make sure I don't blow my college fund on a mortal instruments themed room! If you have any DIY ideas for bookish items comment below and share them! If I like it I will give a tutorial and a rating on my blog! Happy Reading!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment