Thursday, September 28, 2017

Book Relationship Fails versus Real Relationship Fails: the Scary Similarities


So for those of you who don't know, I have a fourteen year old sister, who I love more than anything else in the world. One of the best things about her is the sheer number of inane acts she does, that happen to be hilariously entertaining. Four days ago she announced that she now has a boyfriend who lives in a city around an hour and 30 minutes away from here. They have never met each other and have only known each other through friends at camp and Snapchat. Sound like a YA romance novel yet? It gets better, today she came home to tell me that as she was walking with her friend at school and witnessed him get punched twice in the face. She then decided to break up with her boyfriend due to the distance between here and the place where he lives. Now let us compare this with a YA romance novel. We have the online romance aspect as seen in Will Grayson, Will Grayson by David Levithian and John Green, Simon versus the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli , and Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon. You get your short romance like that of November 9 by Colleen Hoover and The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon. Crazy violence from like every book ever as well as crazy teenagers, which is basically the definition if a YA book. So my sister is basically a YA novel, which is great because I am currently writing a YA novel and I am basing so much stuff on her. Also beware future debate opponents because the hilarious things you say in round will go into my book! Anyways speaking of debate I need (Meaning I want to really badly because I honestly love it) to work on my dramatic interpretation so I have to end this post. Love you all and happy reading! -Becca
   

No comments:

Post a Comment