Monday, October 02, 2017

AHHHHHHHH-That Moment When You Realize That You Are in a Reading Slump

Guys I'm scared. I finished zero books for all of September. I have a strong urge to curl up into fetal position and rock back and forth or hide under the table. I don't remember the last time this has happened. I know why I didn't read anything, this was the first month of school for me. I have two jobs and the PSAT/homecoming (Both are on the same day this year because they hate us) in less than two weeks. I am taking five IB (international baccalaureate and if you don't know what that is think of AP both with extra self-reflective assignments and a zero hour class) classes. I also have debate twice a week (supposed to be three times a week, but I have to work on one of the days). Now add in football games that I decided to start going to, hanging out with my friends every weekend in an attempt to be more social, and two blog posts a week and playing music and cooking. I have no time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, okay. I have time. I have time, but instead of reading, I am always too tired and I decide to watch Netflix. This is sad. This is really sad. I am in a reading slump. I haven't been in a slump in so long! I have all these books that I boast are cures for reading slumps and I can't even stand to look at them! Okay I know what I need to do. Finish this blog post and turn off Netflix (which is playing in the background right now because I am an addict) and pick up The Selection. I think part of the problem is that I have all of these books for review and I am trying to read them in order of when I promised I would have them finished by (I am like way overdue because of school, but authors have been warned so...) and I am so not enjoying some of them. A couple of them are great, but I really need to finish the others so it is totally bringing me down. Okay I should go. I really need to read The Selection and try to get out of my slump. Goodbye all. Happy reading!-Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment