Monday, September 04, 2017

Becca's Perfect Pound Cake

I don't know about you, but I love pound cake. Before my dairy allergy emerged, every time I went to Starbucks I would get the lemon pound cake. Sadly I have not been able to successfully create a dairy-free lemon pound cake, but I have made a delicious regular pound cake! So I found a recipe from all recipes that I think was taken down where I got the original recipe from, but I am unable to link it as I can not find it now. Honestly, this is delicious and perfect for dessert and breakfast. (Or if you are me just eat a whole loaf for every meal!) This is a super easy recipe, so beginners have no fear! It only takes around 5 minutes of prep time and 1 hour of baking (Which means 1 hour of Netflix and chips!)

Lately I have been having trouble making time for my blog and its making me very sad. School starts in a couple of days and I have been scrambling to make the most of the end of my summer. This is why I have only been posting poetry because I already have it written. As of today I will be posting only on Monday and Thursday because I am not going to have enough time to post every other day. This makes me super sad because I love blogging, but balancing two jobs, school (I am going for an IB diploma which means like three hours of homework a night!), and debate (I am at practice every day I am not working) means having to give up that third blog post of the week. So Basically no one is as disappointed as I am that I am having to cut down on my blogging, but this will hopefully allow for more reading time and for longer posts. I really hate having to post a bunch of poetry in a row because I didn't have the time to put together a post, because it feels like I am letting you all down. (This is not to say that I don't love sharing my poetry with you all!) In other news, I am writing a book!( I know pretty cool right?) It is a science fiction romance novel with a billion characters and an extremely confusing plotline. So it is basically my perfect book! So writing this book is also taking up some of my time, though because I have no deadines as it is just for fun, I am pretty flexible as to when I write it. So far I have about 50 pages written (Like 13,000 words) and a lot of notes about the characters and the plot! Please don't ask me to post my writing of my book as I am not going to. It will not be read by any one other than my very close friends and family until it is finished, so you are only going to get to enjoy my poetry for now! Now back to the matter at hand, my amazing pound cake! I chose this recipe because it always cheers me up and I am really sad about going to only two posts a week. I hope it is able to cheer you all up too! I was going to take pictures of it as I had some frozen, but before I could get any my mother ate it! Moral of the story, this pound cake is just as delicious after it has been frozen as it was fresh out of the oven! Alright lets get cooking!

Ingredients


  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour 
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar 
  • 1/2 cup butter, coconut oil, or vegan butter alternative (I love earth balance)
  • 1/2 cup sour cream or vegan sour cream (I use sour supreme which is by tofutti and is made with tofu)
  • 3 eggs (The fresher the better! My friends gave me some of the eggs from their chickens and they were so good!)
  • 1 pinch baking soda 
  • 1 pinch kosher salt
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (Or 1 vanilla bean, which I had a try and they loved!)
  • 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (This is optional, but I wouldn't recommend not using it)

Directions 


  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
  • Grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan (I would use Crisco, but butter or coconut oil will work too)
  • Cream butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and almond extract until light and fluffy
  • Add in sour cream (Putting around 1 tbsp at a time)
  • Add in eggs one at time beating well after each one
  • Add in flour, salt and baking soda and mix well
  • Pour into a pan
  • Bake for one hour or until a knife inserted comes out clean
  • Create glaze with powdered sugar, almond extract, and milk/milk alternative

Book Recommendation 

Do to a time crunch I couldn't write a recommendation today! This is why I have to go down to two posts a week. Don't worry I will write an extra long recommendation list to make it up to you!  



No comments:

Post a Comment