Thursday, September 14, 2017

Sometimes I Wish for a Little Calm in My Life

Sometimes I wish for a little calm in my life
Its ironic though
The girl who does nothing
Wanting peace

They used to call me the most flirtatious
Vivacious, loquacious
Now to them
I’m just a nerd

But I’m more than that word
I’m curvaceous, courageous
Still definitely loquacious
About my voracious reading

Why is it that I do nothing for fun
In their eyes
Reading and writing
Are just for school

Why do I still crave their acceptance
I’ll ignore my friends
Just for a short conversation
With someone “normal”

Why can’t I ask questions
About our discussions
Why is it weird
To have something clarified

Why can’t I have goals
And be confident
In achieving them
Without being considered arrogant

I just want to get to know someone
Be there for them
And truly understand that
They will be there for me too

And I know that life isn’t a romance novel
But sometimes I wish it was
Where the bossy, intelligent, beautiful, nerd
Finally feels like she fits in

And no my life isn’t terrible
In fact it's pretty damn great
Yet I feel as though I hold the whole world on my shoulders
Without any help bearing the weight

Sometimes I wish for a little calm in my life
A little lull where all makes sense
Where I don’t have to prove anything

Yes I know it's ironic right  

No comments:

Post a Comment