Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Audiobook Recommendations

I don't know about you, but I love audiobooks! Here is a list of not only great books to read, but also great books to listen to! Happy Reading and Listening!-Becca

1. Beautiful LGBT Coming of Age Story

The audiobook edition of this book read by Lin-Manuel Miranda is extremely well done. Whenever I listen to this book I always feel inspired to just sit and draw and be creative. I would recommend listening to this book when you are not doing anything strenuous. Just sit and enjoy, don't do any chores or anything. Also, if you can try and listen to this outside, especially if it is beautiful outside, trust me it will make everything even better.  
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, #1)Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire SΓ‘enz
My rating: ❤❤❤❤❤

Be prepared to feel every emotion on the spectrum, because Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire SΓ‘nez is the most beautiful coming of age novel I have ever read. Ari is miserable. Being a teenager is the worst and summer seems to go on forever, that is until he meets Dante at the pool and makes the friend of a lifetime. Join Ari and Dante as they grow up together and learn about life, friendship, love, and all the secrets in the universe. I can not pick a favorite thing about this book because every page is amazing! The emotional journey that Ari and Dante embark on in this book is fantastic. I find that in a lot of coming of age novels the plot will fall flat, but that is the opposite in this book. While there isn't much character development for minor characters, the character development of Ari and Dante is amazing. I also love how even though this takes place in the eighties, the characters are the real stars of the book, not the historical aspect. I would highly, highly recommend this book to everyone!
View all my reviews

2. Mind bending, Multi-genre, Futuristic Romance 

The audiobook version of this book read by Tavia Gilbert is so great because of the amazing accents and voices she does. I can't do a Russian accent, but she does it perfectly! I would recommend listening to this while exercising or doing chores because it will completely transport you and will pump you up while working out and totaly make you forget you are doing chores. Also make sure you will have lots of spread out time to listen to this because you won't want to stop listening and there are two other books as well!
A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1)A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray
My rating: ❤❤❤❤❤

Readers should prepare themselves for this fast paced, romantic, thrill ride that is A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray. Set in the future, Marguerite Caine is the daughter of two physicists who have invented the firebird, a device that allows the wearer to travel into the bodies of themselves in alternate dimensions. Marguerite is enjoying her life as an aspiring artist living with her parents and their gaggle of research assistants, when suddenly her father is murdered and all signs point to is research assistant, and Marguerite's close friend Paul. When Paul disappears with one of the firebird prototypes, Marguerite and research assistant Theo, chase after him, landing themselves in dimensions like futuristic London, and Tsarists Russia. Marguerite is set to hate Paul, but when the other versions of him don't seem quite so murderous, she isn't quite sure how she feels anymore. I loved this book! This book honestly feels like a science fiction, romance, historical fiction, mystery, thriller, mashup. The settings in this book are so vivid, it truly feels like you have been transported to another dimension. The plot is fantastic and there are so many twists and turns, that keep it extremely interesting. The romance in this book is also insanely good! I would highly recommend this book to everyone, especially because of all the different genres. Also added bonus the cover is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen!
View all my reviews

3. Futuristic Forbidden Love Affair 

I know this book has already been in one of my book lists but I have to express how amazing the audiobook version of this book is! Sarah Drew reads this book amazingly and portrays the imagery perfectly. I would recommend listening to this book if you are in the mood to think about something so deeply you totaly zone out. Or if you are in the mood for romance. Your choice :)  
Delirium (Delirium, #1)Delirium by Lauren Oliver
My rating: ❤❤❤❤❤

Readers will be held spellbound by the captivating, intense and breathtakingly romantic novel that is Delirium by Lauren Oliver. In a world where love is a disease and banned for the safety of the people all Lena wants is to lay low and get a good score on her evaluation so she can set up a good life after she is cured, but when handsome Alex bursts into her life her falling love may just be inevitable. I loved everything about this book and it is hard to pick what I loved the most but in trying to provide an explanation of how amazing this book is I would pick the excerpts from the rewritten history books and laws at the beginning of every chapter. These excerpts make the world completely believable and really well built. Romance in this novel was amazing and made me feel all the feels! I have to say I have never been more on the edge of my seat with character development than with this book. I was crying and screaming at my book trying to tell the characters what to do! Of course everything was perfectly timed in this novel and Lauren Oliver may just be one of my new favorite authors. I would highly recommend this book to anyone and everyone because it is amazing! To see my booktalk on youtube click on this link https://youtu.be/6ZaEkyl1lvE

4. Feminist, Dystopian, Coming of Age Story 

This book simultaneously gave me the creeps, made me worry for our future, and warmed my heart. Christine Lakin totaly understands how to read book and I feel like Glory is just having a conversation with me when I listen to this book! I would recommend listening to this book when you are the mood to think deeply about life and our future. You can do whatever you want when you listen to this book just be ready to cry, laugh, and hope for a better future. 
Glory O'Brien's History of the FutureGlory O'Brien's History of the Future by A.S. King
My rating: ❤❤❤❤❤

Readers will be amazed and horrified at the same time while reading the ultra feminist, thought provoking science fiction novel that is Glory O'Brien's History of the Future by A.S King. Glory is about to graduate high school and she has no idea what is coming next. Glory doesn't even know if she has a future or if she is going to follow in her dead mother's footsteps and stick her head in an oven. But when after one night she develops visions of a horrifying future for women she realizes that she may very well have a purpose. This book was amazing and showed me such a different view on how our future could unfold if women lose their place in society. I loved all the questions that Glory asked the readers throughout this book it really made me feel like she was directly talking to me. The horrific visions of the future that Glory gets made this story so original and very feminist and faraway and yet still believable. A.S. King's writing style is amazing and depressing and so deep and still has points of comedy and happiness. I would highly recommend this book to anyone and everyone but especially to lovers of science fiction and feminist writing. The writing is slightly mature and is more to the age range of high school students and mature middle school students.
View all my reviews

5. Hot Aliens, and Real Discrimination All in a YA Novel

I love this book so much! I have listened to the audiobook version like 12 times because it is just that good! Madeleine Lambert does a great job reading Alienated and really brings the story alive. I would recommend listening to this book when you are in a reading slump or you need a good laugh or you are in the mood for an adorable romance novel.
Alienated (Alienated, #1)Alienated by Melissa Landers
My rating: ❤❤❤❤❤

Readers will be blown away by this fresh, science fiction, romance that is Alienated by Melissa Landers. Cara is an straight A student, a successful blogger, and captain of the debate team. When she is told that she has been accepted to be the first ever host to a L’eihr exchange student. Two years ago the alien race L’eihrs made contact with Earth bringing the cure for cancer with them and saving Cara's mothers life. Cara unlike many of fellow students has nothing against the L’eihr, but isn't quite sure what to make of Aelyx, who is seemingly cold and unfeeling. But when the L’eihr hatred gets violent, Cara and Aelyx have to rely on each other and unexpected feelings arise. This book is so different from anything I have ever read. I loved both Cara and Aelyx and the emotional growth they go through is written perfectly. I was able to relate completely to Cara (except where is my hot alien exchange student!?) and her struggles completely resonated with me. The plot of this book was fantastic and made me not want to put down the book! I also loved the humor in this book and it had me laughing out loud on several occasions. I would highly recommend this book to science fiction lovers and romance fanatics!
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment