Friday, June 23, 2017

Netflix-a Reading Slump's Best Ally

The Greatest Enemy of a Reading Slump
At one point or another we all end up in a reading slump, or as my friend Sadie likes to call them, book hangovers. We read a new, highly anticipated book, or we finish a series, and find ourselves wanting to reread that book, over, and over, or even worse, stop reading entirely. I have found that the only cure for a reading slump is to just push through it, and force yourself to read something new. I also recently found a new way to fall even deeper into the slump. So protect yourself readers from the horrifying ally of the reading slump, Netflix. The ability to binge watch a TV show instead of putting in the effort to read a book, just makes your brain want to never read again. I know, its a scary thought, but now that we know it exists, we can take caution against it. Don't make the same mistake I did, and only read three books in a three month stretch. Beware my lovely book nerds, and put away that streaming device, for not only the sake of your reading life, but for the fate of our entire book filled world.❤❤❤❤💕💕💕💕📚📚-Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment